Tuesday, 19 September 2017

Finished life drawing... for now...





 Made in Clip studio paint in around 15 mins


We are finally done with life drawing classes, I'm not sure if I should be happy, confident, or scared.
Though the way Tina and Elizabyth teach is great for more experienced artists, however for some like me. I find a good lecture followed by practice better then a short 5 minute rundown of what we're supposed to be doing, and then we try to do it with trail an error for a year in order to improve. 

Now, that IS an oversimplification and a very mean sounding one at that, but after watching videos and reading up on the theories and aspects of line, force, and proper gesture. It was all so much more clear to me what I was supposedly trying to do in those classes, but it wasn't conveyed in a way the caught my attention and really relayed the ideas we were learning like a lecture from Sean or Norm would.

But still practice is just as, if not more important then just knowledge, and those classes certainly gave us the experience of drawing from life. It got my foot in the door to traditional drawing and I also learned how to read a model's pose and to measure negative space.

In short, the classes were great, but I wish that part of the course had a little more meat if that makes any sense. Anyways i'm going to keep practicing life drawing and drawing anatomy.. and i'm never gonna stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment